<<<THE SHAPE OF IT ALL>>>
===TODAY'S TIME LINE FACILITATED BY DIRECTORS OF POSTERS AND WEBSITE!
• @ 4:01: 9 mins: set up: create your space with poster; decide who will be displaying in each session
• @ 4:10-4:25: 15 mins: everyone silently looks at the posters, makes notes about the title of the poster, author, other identifying info for feedback
• @ 4:25-4:55: 30 + mins: session 1: half display, half wander and interact with all displays
• @ 4:55-5:25: 30 + mins: session 2: switch
• brief break 10 mins around 5:30
• @ 5:40-6:30: last 45 or so mins of class for website and thoughts
Basically everyone creates a little space inhabited by their poster. Then we all go around silently and look at everything and make notes on what everyone is doing as understood that way.
We do NOT present: we emphasize INTERACTION! That's a bit tricky and hard to get ourselves into this as a special practice: I say to folks: tweet at each other! So questions and answers are fine but not at any length! That's hard! we love to be the center of attention rather than actually interacting.
No monologing, yes, tweeting!
Think poster session interactions; think tweeting rather than presenting; think feedback at various ranges of engagement and detail.